Terms of Service
- You hereby acknowledge and understand that you are engaging into this Service Terms and Conditions agreement for the design, building, hosting and management of your new web site. Websites 4U will be the primary developer of your new web site, and will be responsible for the initiation, fulfilment, maintenance and billing charges.
- Payments – The first and last months payments will need to be paid in advance before commencement of your website project.
- Paying monthly, – payments will need to be paid each month in advance before the 1st of each month.
- Direct Debit – Will be taken on the 1st of each month.
- You understand that this Web Site Program is based on ongoing payments over a 5-year period, at which point you will then own the web site outright, including all copyrighted materials and contents. You will have the option to discontinue services at that time, or choose to continue our services on a month-to-month basis. However, if we provide you with a complete new web site redesign and rebuild for free, at any stage within this initial 5-year period, the service terms will restart for an additional 5-year period.
- You agree not to cancel your web site and payment schedule within the first 12 months of your initial web site “Billing Date” and if you do, you will be liable to pay the balance of the remaining 12-month payment schedule. You also agree that there are no payment refunds or charge-backs after you have been charged, regardless of the reason whatsoever.
- You understand that if you do cancel your web site and payment within 5 years of your web site “Live” date, you will not be able to take ownership of the web site design or it’s copyrighted contents. The only option would be for you to pay the remaining balance of the 5 years service fee, before we would release the copyrighted materials and completed web site to you. You understand that we will not provide FTP access to the website until the end of the 5 year payment plan.
- You understand that if you do cancel your web site and payment within 5 years of your web site “Live” date, you will not be able to take ownership of the web site domain name, unless you had registered it yourself via a third party registrar. If we register your domain name, you would have to pay a R1000 domain name transfer fee before we release the domain name to you. At that time we will transfer the domain name and ownership to you through the domain registrar.
- You understand that all minor web site changes and updates are included as part of your monthly fee which includes, web site hosting, e-mail accounts, storage and bandwidth. However, major web site changes and updates such as a complete web site re-designs, major navigational changes, database driven applications or e-commerce integration will require additional charges based on the complexity and time needed to accomplish them, which will be determined by Websites 4U in a Web Scope Outline upon request. Before any work is started, there will be an agreement upon price.
- You understand that your monthly payments will be used primarily to pay for your web site over a 5 year period, which includes minor site updates, basic “Organic” search engine optimisation on major search engines, such as Google and yahoo based on your web site plan.
- You understand that your monthly payments will be charged by Websites 4U by Direct Debit or invoiced and paid for each month in advance.
- You hereby agree to abide by all the above Service Terms and Conditions before signing up for any of our web site plans. You are agreeing to all of our Service Terms and Conditions as mentioned above.
Websites 4U reserves the right to change or update these Service Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Should this happen you will be notified by mail 30 days prior to changes. You will always be “grandfathered” in, to the terms you signed, which will override any future changes made to these Service Terms and Conditions.